Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blogging + Busy Life = Difficult

As you can see, I was able to put up 1 full day of food...and nothing since! Now I'm not sure if the ladies blogging daily don't have full-time jobs, if their jobs allow them time to spend blogging, or if they have more hours in their day than I do, but there is NO way I'm going to be able to achieve my goal of posting my food log daily.
#1 recording my food takes a lot of time
#2 by the time I finish work, go to the gym, get home/fed/showered/chores done/prepared for the next day it's time for bed...aka there's no time to sit down and Blog for an hour about how that day went!

Instead, I guess I have to continue as I have been, recording my good days and bad & changes to my exercise & food plan as I'm able.

I was forced to consider my eating patterns this morning when I read a post on Facebook from Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine that hit too close to home because it's VERY true:
I sighed then...and sigh now reading it again. I have the power not to look for more food. I have the ability to not eat more. I have to be the one that makes this decision...

And so far this week I have been pretty good. The almond butter is finished and out of the house other than a serving that I put aside to make a brussels sprout dish for Thanks Giving dinner and enough to make 1 treat from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ my favorite desert Blog because she posts Single Serving Selections!!! I knew buying the almond butter was a mistake, but it was on sale and somehow convinced myself that this made it ok. WRONG! I have been able to avoid most other temptations and eat smaller portions when I do cave in.

I know I'm going to want a treat sometime this weekend after working so hard this week and I know exactly how I'm spending those calories. Every year Tim Horton's has 1 week where 100% of the proceeds from their Smile Cookies go to the Neonatal ICU wards throughout the city. As a Labor and Delivery nurse I have a big place in my heart for the NICU and the amazing work the nurses and doctors do there. I also have a special place in my heart for chocolate chip cookies ;) Who doesn't smile when they see a smiley face and my happiness this weekend will come from enjoying a delicious bite while supporting a fantastic cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment