Thursday, September 13, 2012

Epic Fail Food Week :'(

This week has been the Worst food week in SO long. I Really NEED to find a Coping mechanism that doesn't involve eating :( *sigh*

Every evening I do my food log for the next day, every night I lay in bed and plan out how I'm going to make the next day better, what I'm going to do differently...how I'm going to actually stay on diet...then wake up and do something during the day to ruin it...which leads me to packing it in for  the day and leading to a huge binge. For unknown reasons I can't make a small mistake and just move on...I've got an all-or-nothing attitude that I can't escape and I end up beating myself into the ground for being a failure...

In the upcoming weeks I'm thinking of doing a modified version of the Meal Plan that goes with the 30 Day Total Body Transformation Program. I still have food prepared from last week that fits basically into the program and as I go forward I can more closely follow the meal plan as I buy and make more food. Best Body Meal Plan requires Met-Rx's Protein & Oats protein powder, which I wouldn't be able to tolorate because it's a Whey Concentrate, but I can use my Whey Isolate Protein and Quinoa, Chia or Oats instead.
It is also heavy on the animal protein and I like one vegetable protein meal...so instead of the Salmon I'm thinking of doing Beans or Tofu. And will definitely not follow the supplement suggestions...#1 I can't afford to add new pills to my budget and #2 some of them I just don't think are helpful (ie the Met-Rx Joint Guard)

Here is the Original Diet Plan per Nicole Wilkin's 30 Day Best Body Transformation Program, followed by my modifications:
My Best Body Meal Plan
Meal  1                                                                                                                                                Calories & Carbs
4oz Plain Yogurt
80, 1 carb
2 tbsp Chia Seed
130
1 c Mixed Berries
70, 1 carb
Coffee with Almond Milk
10
                                                                                                                                             Totals           220, 2 carb
Meal 2
3 oz Chicken Breast
150
1/3 c Quinoa
75, 2 carb
1 cup Green Beans
40
                                                                                                                                           Totals           265, 1g carb
Meal 3 (pre and post workout as veg throughout day as needed)
½ c White Beans
110, 1 carb
Apple
95, 1 carb
1 c Raw Baby Carrots
55
4 stalks Celery
30
1 scoop Protein Powder
140
                                                                                                                                             Totals           430, 2 carb
Meal 4
4oz Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast or Fish
150
Large Salad with romaine, cabbage, carrot, etc & Balsamic Vinegar
45
1 c Spaghetti Squash
45, 1 carb
                                                                                                                                             Totals           240, 1 carb
Meal 5
1/3 Dry Oats cooked with 1 tbsp Flax Seed and water
140, 1 carb
½ c Egg Whites
60
1/8 Avocado
30
                                                                                                                                              Totals         230, 1 carb
 Supplements: Renew Life Digestive Enzyme (with each meal), 3 fat burner caps (2 in morning, 1 at lunch), 2 Webber Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil (2 different meals), 2 Progressive Multi Vitamin (2 different meals), 1  B-Complex Vitamin (meal not containing multi), 1 CoEnzyme Q10 (meal not containing multi), 1 ReNew Life Probiotic, 2 Tbsp liquid Magnesium (before bed) 
                                                                                                                                               Daily Total 1455, 7 carb

On a positive note, my adhearance to my new workout plan has been pretty spot-on. And MAN are they hard! The workouts don't look that difficult...4-5 exercises plus cardio, No Biggie...Right?? Well kinda... the difficulty comes with the 4 sets, I usually do 3...and the rest period...only 30-45 seconds between each set! When you're trying to lift as heavy as possible to fatigue completely with each set that's intense! The Circuit days are crazy hard too because you don't get a rest between sets...Especially when you combine the 2 days and do 1 Giant Circuit like I did this week to fit all the workouts in...something I definately don't recommend!! Instead I've started doing 2 minutes of cardio between the Circuits as a "rest" that also keeps my heart rate up.

THE WORKOUTS
At least 30 minutes of cardio daily, vary your cardio equipment & intensity each day
EXERCISE                                                                                                             SETS                                REPS
Day 1: Upper Body #1 – Straight Sets
Lat Pulldows
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/wide-grip-lat-pulldown
4 – 27.5lb
12
Decline Push-Ups off Stability Ball
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/push-ups-with-feet-elevated
3
as many as possible
Seated Lateral Raise
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/seated-side-lateral-raise
4 – 10lbs bilat
12
Triceps Pushdown
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/triceps-pushdown
4 – 15lb
12
Cable Biceps Curl
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/cable-hammer-curls-rope-attachment
4 – 15lb
12
Bonus 60 Second Finisher: Blupees
http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/95102/exercise-guides-burpee-female-clip
1
as many as possible
Day 2: Leg-Shaping Circuit – perform 1 set of each exercise and move on to the next, repeat the circuit 4 times
Weighted Reverse Lunges off Bench
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-rear-lunge
1 – 10lbs bilat
15 (each leg)
Mountain Climbers
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/mountain-climbers
1
30 seconds
Bench Jumps
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/front-box-jump
1
10
Jump Lunges
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/scissors-jump
1
10 (each leg)
Jumping Jacks
1
30 seconds
Bonus 60 Second Finisher: Bodyweight Squats
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bodyweight-squat
1
as many as possible
Day 3: Upper Body #2 – Straight Sets
Assisted Pull-Ups Narrow Grip
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/chin-up
3 – 45lbs
as many as possible
Dumbbell Chest Flyes
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-flyes
4 – 12.5lbs bilat
12
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/seated-dumbbell-press
4 – 15 lbs bilat
12
Standing Barbell Curls
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-curl
4 – 20lbs
12
Bench Triceps Dips
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bench-dips
3
as many as possible
Bonus 60 Second Finisher: Push-Ups
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pushups
1
as many as possible
Day 4: Abdominal Circuit – perform 1 set of each exercise and move on to the next, repeat the circuit 4 times
Crunches with 2 second Hold at Top
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/crunches
4
20
Leg Raises with Hip Thrust on Bench
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/flat-bench-lying-leg-raise
4
15
Twisting Sit-Ups on Decline Bench
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/decline-oblique-crunch
4
10 (each side)
Plank Hold
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/plank
4
60 seconds
Day 5: Yoga or Light Cardio

I tried taking photos of the exercises with my iPhone, but they turned out WAY too small and out of focus to use on here so instead I've created my own Table and have found the exercise instructions on www.bodybuilding.com.  I have included the weight that I used for each exercise as samples, but feel free to lift lighter or heavier based on your strength!

Now most people out there are unlike me and need a heavy weight leg day to work their lower half. I find that my legs grow too big, too fast if I do any more than the occational Butt day, which I'll throw into the above workouts every now and then when I have an extra workout day that I want to do weights, instead of just cardio. For everyone else, here's the lower day included in the 30 Day Transformation Program.

Day 5: Lower Body Resistance Training – Straight Sets
Barbell Squats
4
15
Walking Lunge
4
20 (each leg)
Bulgarian Split Squats
4
15 (each leg)
Leg Extension Machine
4
15
Seated Hamstring Curl Machine
4
15
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
4
15
Climbing Calf Raises (walking up stairs, full range)
15 (5 second rest between sets)
10
Day 6: Yoga or Light Cardio

Going into week 2, again my goals are to complete all the weight days and more than anything GET ON DIET!! My biggest goal is directed towards my night time eating ie My Cryptonite :( After speaking with a dietician colleague of mine I know that weight loss requires no more than 7 - 15g carb servings per day, which I am starting to try and follow instead of counting calories. This allows me to eat more in the evening, as long as I'm only having Protein, Vegetables and Good Fats. I'm still trying to cut down my sugar (including artificial sweetener) intake as I know that eating sweets causes me to crave sweets. As the sweetened items leave my house I will not be replacing then, except Maybe the diet pop...I'm trying to replace a lot of it with Sparkling Water, but I still do love the bubbles and how they make me feel full, the caffeine and honestly the sweet taste...we'll see...

    Carbohydrate Counting 7-9 servings/day for women
Grains1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Bagel (white or whole wheat)1/2 of a small
Bread (white or whole wheat)1 slice (1 ounce)
Bun (white or whole wheat)1/2 of a small
Crackers, round butter style6
Dry cereal, unsweetened3/4 cup
English muffin1/2 of a small
Hot cereal (oatmeal, grits, etc.)1/2 cup cooked
Macaroni, noodles, pasta or spaghetti1/3 cup cooked
Pancakes and waffles1 (4-inch diameter)
Pizza crust, thin1/8 of a 12-inch pizza
Rice (white or brown)1/3 cup cooked
Beans & Legumes1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Baked beans1/3 cup cooked
Beans (navy, black, pinto, red, etc.)1/2 cup cooked
Lentils1/2 cup cooked
Starchy Vegetables1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Baked potato (regular or sweet)1/2 medium (4 inches long)
Corn1/2 cup cooked
French fries, regular cut10-15 fries
Peas1/2 cup cooked
Winter squash (acorn, butternut, etc.)1 cup cooked
Vegetable soup1 cup
Fruits1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Apple1 small
Banana1/2 medium
Blackberries/Blueberries3/4 cup
Canned fruit (in light syrup or juice)1/2 cup
Cantaloupe1 cup cubed
Cherries12 to 15
Grapefruit1/2 large
Grapes17 small
Honeydew melon1 cup
Orange1 small
Peach1 small
Pear1 small
Raspberries1 cup
Strawberries1 1/2 cup whole
Watermelon1 1/4 cup cubed
100% Fruit Juices1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Apple juice1/2 cup
Cranberry juice1/3 cup
Grape juice1/3 cup
Grapefruit juice1/2 cup
Orange juice1/2 cup
Pineapple juice1/2 cup
Dairy Products1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Milk (skim or 1% fat)1 cup
Yogurt (plain, light or sugar-free)1 cup
Sweets & Snacks1 Serving = 15 g carbs
Cookies2 small
Chips0.75 oz
Frozen yogurt, regular1/2 cup
Ice cream (light)1/2 cup
Popcorn (plain or air-popped)3 cups
Pretzels0.75 oz
Pudding (sugar-free)1/2 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment