Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Because I Require a Meal Plan and Training Schedule

Yesterday I tried to go without a meal plan, I figured last week went so well that I could eat appropriate portions and stop when I was full...epic fail!!
By the end of the day, on top of the food I should have eaten, I had consumed 2 crunchy granola bars (which means they each came in a package of 2), so much of raw oats (ya, weird I know, they don't call it a binge for nothing), popcorn, 2 yogurts, basically WAY too much food. I went to bed totally stuffed, looking like I was 6 months prego with a food belly and feeling like crap (about myself and physically in general). Lying in bed I came to terms with the fact that I still am unable to control what I eat if I haven't prepared and counted the calories in advance.

So last night before I went to sleep I used my iPhone Lose It app to plan out my meals for the day. Lose It is a free app that's really easy to use and enables you to input food and exercise from a large list of items and even gives you the option of scanning the bar code on some packaged foods. I have used it for a few years now and have been really happy with the options available and ease of use http://www.loseit.com/.

I had previously developed 2 different, yet similar Meal Plans to use post Cinch Diet, based on foods that I regularly consume and enjoy. Because they are similar in calories and food items I am able to interchange the foods slightly depending on what I have on-hand, which I can then confirm when I input my meals into my iPhone Lose It App.

Daily Meal Plan: 1300-1400 Calories

Meal 1- 2 tbsp Chia cereal                                                                                              130
                ½ c Almond Milk                                                                                              20
                ½ c Diet Juice with water                                                                                   10
                Coffee with Hot Chocolate mix                                                                          50
                                                                                                        Total                      210
Meal 2- 3 oz. of chicken                                                                                                  142
              1 c steamed veg                                                                                                   70
               3 c Salad                                                                                                            20
                                                                                                        Total                      232
Meal 3- 4 oz. of tilapia (4x a week) or Salmon (3x a week)                                               146
1 cup spaghetti                                                                                                    42
               1 cup Steamed vegetables                                                                               50-70
                                                                                                        Total                      238
Meal 4- ½ c beans                                                                                        120                        
              Celery 5 stalks                                                                                                     35
1 cup baby carrots                                                                                              53
                                                                                         Total                      208 
Meal 5- This meal is for immediately before and after workout, no matter when you put it into schedule make sure you continue your regular meals and hour and a half later.
                 Before: 1 piece fruit                                                                                          95
After: Protein Shake: 20 grams of whey protein                                              130
                                                                                     Total                      225 
Meal 6- 1/3 cup egg whites                                                                                                50
               1/3 cup of oats, splenda and cinnamon                                                               100
1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed                                                                           37
                                                                                          Total                      187
                                                                                                               
1400-1500 Calorie Fat-Loss Plan
Meal 1: 257 calories
½ cup egg whites (60)
1 small slice bread or 1/3 cup raw oatmeal cooked with 1 tbsp ground flax seed (137)
Mocha made with Carnation lite Hot Chocolate (50)
1 cup diet cranberry juice (10) 
Meal 2: 265 calories
3.5oz steamed or baked chicken breast or fish (150)
1 cup veggies steamed or stir fry with Bragg (60)
¼ cup steamed brown rice (55) 
Meal 3: 195 calories
3 cups salad greens (lettuce, spinach, cabbage, etc) (25)
½ cup beans (garbanzo, lima, pinto, etc) (170) 
Meal 4: 230 calories
Pre-Workout: 1 piece fruit (banana, apple, 1cup berries, etc) (100)
Post Workout: 1 scoop Vega One protein powder (130) 
Meal 5:  292 calories
3oz cooked extra-lean ground turkey (176)
½ cup sugar-free, low-sodium spaghetti sauce (54)
1 ½ cups cooked spaghetti squash (62) 
Meal 6:  220 calories
6oz fat free cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with cinnamon and stevia (90)
2 tbsp chia/hemp seed mixture (130)

With my Meal Plans in place on the fridge and my food being put into my Lose It App nightly I have the advanced planning I know I require to succeed on my diet in conjunction with the "Hard Rules" I previously created. My commitment to my exercise program has never been a problem as I love to work out and am obsessive about getting to the gym to complete my weights and cardio. At the beginning of the summer I'd switched from a weight program that focused on one or two muscle groups per day to full body workouts in my attempt to lose fat. Unfortunately, as I didn't have my diet on track my weight didn't budge...and some weeks even increased.

This week I decided on more of a combined program, where on weights days I will either do a single body part or a full body workout. My daily cardio consists of at least 30 minutes prior to my weights or at least 60 minutes on straight cardio days, but most days I do more to blast more calories. I also allow myself 2 rest days if required by my schedule or body fatigue. Wednesday and Thursday are the only 2 days that are typically the same each week. Wednesday I do the Cx Works abs class followed by Pump class at the gym with cardio either before or after and Thursdays are runs with my girlfriend and we try to add to our distance or time each week.

The weight program I am using comes from http://www.bodybuilding.com/
Jamie Eason, my fitness model icon developed a 12 Week program for the site that includes weights, cardio and meal plans http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html.

I have used the program in the past, never exactly as described, resulting in amazing strength gains and was doing it again before I switched to full body workouts at the beginning of Summer. Yesterday I jumped right back into the LiveFit program where I left off on Week 7 and will do these workouts for a couple weeks, along with my full-body days, before moving onto Week 9 (the program stays the same for 2 Weeks at a time). As I never follow anything perfectly :P yesterday (Monday) I did Day 46 http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-46.html and today I did Day 43 http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-43.html. Will keep updates on what Week I`m on and will provide details on full-body workouts for those out there who`d like to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment